Saturday, September 01, 2007

Remember how I've loved you all these years....and I still do


Gemini: no, not Jemini, those notorious Royaume-Uni Eurovision flops....no, GEMINI!

I refer of course to Anders and Karin Glenmark, the duo otherwise known as Gemini. For no apparent reason tonight I want to listen to some of their music and watch some of their videos, I remember buying their greatest hits CD 2 years ago now and thought it was about time I gave them a mention on the blog.

Once Benny and Bjorn were done with Abba they turned their attention to stuff like "Chess" of course, but they also wrote for the talented Swedish singing brother and sister duo Gemini in the 1980s: it's 20 years since I first heard songs like "TLC" and "I Am The Universe" and I still like them today. Karin's almost-operatic voice always did their songs justice and Anders is just another in a long line of Swedish music legends of course. Some day I'll do something on this blog about Anders, as he does indeed merit a blog post of his own.

No comments: