Monday, September 24, 2007

2 new songs today, and I'm not impressed by either.

Heard a couple of new songs today: "Rule The World" by Take That and "Tourner Ma Page" by Jenifer.

Firstly, can I just say: Take That are one of my favourite pop bands ever. Their comeback was brilliant. So why is "Rule The World" so ordinary? It's from a film, and is therefore the-big-film-ballad by numbers, and I've forgotten it already. Hopefully I'll change my mind about it after 'a million listens later' but I'm not too sure.

Now, to the comeback single from Star Academy 1 winner Jenifer. Let's just say "Tourner Ma Page" is a definite change of style, kind of reggae-ish, but it's all a bit strange and disappointing on first hearing. Again I would hope that I get to
like it eventually.

Should I get to like both songs I will blog a retraction!!

No comments: