Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Believe that is what you are

Watching one of the music channels last night I saw a video of a song called "Reflection" by a singer songwriter named Shayan Italia and for some reason it made me sit up and take notice. Yes, it's incessantly romantic and Radio 2-friendly, but somehow it had an emotional pull to it which I couldn't really describe, even though I didn't really think the song was that fabulous.

Anyway I've been digging and found out that he was born and raised in India, and financed his music career in a very unique way, by auctioning online a portion of his future earnings before he'd even made them.

The singer claims to have a ten year plan, to release his debut album worldwide in the next 2-3 years. He also has the next two albums already written. Will he succeed or will he have to pay back the money from his online auction? Time will tell.

No comments: