Saturday, October 06, 2007

Countdown to the MTV Europe Music Awards

It took me a while to get over the whole New Sounds of Europe thing , but time heals (!) and I thought I'd take a look at a few of the categories, and mention my votes and my predictions.

"Rock Out". Nominees: My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, 30 Seconds to Mars, Evanescence and Linkin Park.
Voted for: Fall Out Boy, purely based on how much I like "This Ain't A Scene".
Prediction: Linkin Park - they're massive in Europe.

"Ultimate Urban". Nominees: Beyonce, Justin Timberlake, Kanye West, Timbaland, Rihanna, Gym Class Heroes.
Voted for: It was close, but I chose Timbaland, because he's been so influential this year.
Prediction: Kanye West.

"Band". Nominees: Linkin Park, Tokio Hotel, Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, Good Charlotte.
Voted for: it's the Europe Music Awards, so a European act deserves it - Tokio Hotel.
Prediction: Linkin Park. Or My Chemical Romance.

"Most Addictive Track". Nominees: "All Good Things" - Nelly Furtado; "Umbrella" - Rihanna; "Grace Kelly" - Mika; "Beautiful Liar" - Beyonce & Shakira; "Rehab" - Amy Winehouse; "Girlfriend" - Avril Lavigne.
Voted for: "Grace Kelly". Even if he's beginning to annoy me.
Prediction: "Umbrella". Ella, ella, ella, ay, ay, ay.

More categories tomorrow, or possibly Monday.

No comments: