Sunday, October 21, 2007

This week's playlist: it's time for dancing, yeah

Late Night Session - Ali Love: one of the year's brightest new pop/dance acts. Really looking forward to his debut album.
Say It Again - Danse Society: From 1985. I can't stop playing this. A forgotten gem.
Ingenting - Kent: Album out this week. Haven't heard it yet. Getting impatient now!!
Let Me Think About It/Put Your Hands Up For Detroit - Fedde Le Grand: the man responsible for my knee injury this week, as I got a wee bit too enthusiastic on the step machine. :-((
Wanna Love You Girl - Robin Thicke: I don't really like him, but this ticks the boxes.
Musikbyrån Live (SVT) - Salem Al Fakir: a.k.a. "The Pullover Years" ha ha. Decided to put his SVT concert on the playlist this week. Highlights - well, all of it of course, but I particularly like the bit when he seems to forget the words during "Dream Girl" but turns it into something even more special.
Bright Side Of Life - Salem Al Fakir: impossible not to love this reggae-flavoured number which I played a lot this week. Like everything else he does, it puts the biggest smile on my face.
Everything - Michael Buble: I really need to hear more of his songs as I like this. Westlife have of course covered "Home" in typical Westlife fashion, draining any life and soul from the song and killing it stone dead.
Heavyweight Champion of the World - Reverend and the Makers: one of the year's best singles, and back on my playlist for no other reason.
Tourner Ma Page - Jenifer: I take it all back, I like this now. Looking forward to her third album.
Bubbly - Colbie Caillat: still reminds me of my recent trip to Berlin. Laidback American acoustic chillout music, very appealing.
You're My Flame - Zero 7: they make such unique music don't they? I'm playing them a lot again, think their music rather suits the autumn season. And don't even start me on how good "Destiny" is.

No comments: