Sunday, December 30, 2007

Goodbye 2007...

Just doing my little end-of-year thing tonight instead of tomorrow.


I don't usually go into the little personal bits of my life here but just a brief exception as it's the end of the year. All I'll say is that if they made a film of the last 52 weeks, it would probably be called "A Series of Unfortunate Events" - oh wait, they've already made one with that title! - anyway it would be enough to say that it was a catalogue of mini-disasters in relation to home and health, not just for me but for my loved ones too. Therefore I will just say "good riddance" to 2007 and hope we got all the bad bits out of the way this year. Therefore by the law of averages, 2008 should be fantastic. Fingers crossed ;-)


When I started this blog back in March I soon realised that it also became a kind of escapism for me, by focusing on the things that I wanted to share my enthusiasm about. I know it sounds corny, but doing EuropeCrazy (and its parallel universe, Planet Salem) got me through some bad times. If you are reading this you probably have a blog already, but if you haven't, I'd recommend starting your own blog, about whatever "floats your boat" - it's great therapy!


This is all getting a bit heavy (!) so I'll just wish everyone good health, happiness and all the best for 2008. I thought the following song was appropriate for the end of the year: it's a sweet and funny little song called "52 Weeks" by Marit Bergman and Salem Al Fakir, enjoy!



EuropeCrazy will return on Tuesday 1st January 2008 with another year of random ramblings - see you then ! X

2 comments:

AcerBen said...

It's been a bit of a funny old year for me too. But I'm very positive about the year to come. Happy new year to you!

Just watching last week's Star Ac btw (I'm getting behind!) did you see Enrique saying Alexia has to win? Red faces all round when he revealed that the judges have told him they themselves think she is close to winning!

Poster Girl said...

Happy New Year! I hope 2008 is better for you.