Saturday, January 26, 2008

Another country, another music award ceremony.

Tonight sees one of Europe's most high profile and glamorous music award ceremonies, France's NRJ Music Awards which will take place in Cannes. This event usually attracts a number of international celebs every year and I'm sure this year will be no different.

Anyway a few weeks ago I cast my votes and here they are...

Best French Newcomer - Christophe Willem
Best International Newcomer - Amy Winehouse
Best French Female Artist - Jenifer
Best French Male Artist - Calogero
Best International Female Artist - Nelly Furtado
Best International Male Artist - Timbaland
Best French Group/Duo - Superbus
Best International Group - Tokio Hotel
Best International Song - "Relax, Take It Easy" - Mika
Best International Album - "Back to Black" - Amy Winehouse

Not sure if I'll get any of these right. My general view was that last year was quite a poor one for French music and therefore I didn't get as excited about this award ceremony as in previous years. I'll be back later tonight with the results.

No comments: