Friday, January 11, 2008

This week's playlist: let's pretend we're happy now

Happy Hour - Palladium: acutely observed tale of a relationship in crisis set to a cheery backdrop. They could probably be the "new Feeling". I Thought It Was Over - The Feeling: Meanwhile the "old Feeling" are back with a new song. For me, they can't really go wrong (except for "I Love It When You Call" - let's forget that one).
Boogie 2 Nite - Booty Luv: their new song "Some Kinda Rush" doing well at the moment, but this is currently soundtracking my beginning-of-year-full-of-good-intentions aerobics sessions.
Back To Black - Amy Winehouse: It took me a while to discover her album but I'm glad I did. This track is currently enjoying a renewed lease of life.
What Hurts The Most - Rascal Flatts: This is the original version of the song which Cascada are currently stamping their cheesy stilettos all over. Nice country flavoured song.
Bonafied Lovin' - Chromeo: still achieving legend status on this playlist, their best song and a witty and funky little gem of a tune.
Born To Be Alive - Patrick Hernandez: he was on Star Academy last week singing this. I remember it first time round, great one for disco dancing to in the late 70s ;-)
Now You're Gone - Basshunter: Used to hate it, now I love it. Yet another Swedish act destined for number one...!
Can't Speak French/Control of the Knife - Girls Aloud: "Tangled Up" is still amazingly one of my favourite albums of the moment. Should I be ashamed of this? Aww, credibility is sooooo overrated !!
Sunshine In The Rain - BWO: just a good pop tune, but I still don't think it will be enough to get them the hit single in Britain that they deserve. "Greatest Hits" allegedly coming soon - could this mean the end for them?

No comments: