Tuesday, January 15, 2008

TVE's New Year Show (OK it's late...!)

TVE Internacional's New Year show is an annual highlight here at EuropeCrazy HQ, and has been for the last few years since Sky started carrying TVE on satellite. It is a very long show, goes on for about 8 hours or thereabouts so I usually record it and watch it later in January. Whilst it's great to see such an extravaganza, I moan and groan every year that it is possibly the most artificial, sterile TV celebration you're ever likely to see, and all the singers and bands on it are miming. Some more badly than others, it has to be said.



Guests this year included David Bisbal, who performed "Torre de Babel" and "Silencio". Now I will always like David but there is something quite strange about the way he stands/dances with his legs wide apart and I'm worried (or maybe not) that one day there will be an accidental....rip!



David Bustamante, who like Bisbal became famous in Operacion Triunfo series 1, looks very nice these days, although I don't really consider a Pringle-type pullover adequate attire for a big New Year's eve celebration. (Why do all the men I like wear dodgy pullovers? Just a thought). Good to see the "singing brickie" still around though.



Chenoa also made an appearance, her singing career also continues to be very successful. She wasn't duetting with David Bisbal though - I was really upset when they broke up as I thought they made a great couple, but their love was doomed :(


Talking of Bisbal & Chenoa, the readers of Hola! in Spain have voted them the hottest looking male and female of 2007. Nice though David is, he wouldn't be top of my list. (Now a certain Swedish curly-haired genius on the other hand...!!)

No comments: