Saturday, February 16, 2008

"Just a minute" of this week's Melodifestivalen songs...

I'll be watching tonight's show of course but in the meantime here's my thoughts on the one-minute clips of the studio versions at http://www.svt.se/:

1. "Love in Stereo" - Ola
A kind of distant relative of "SOS" although not as instantly catchy, but it sounds like a good pop song and I'm looking forward to the live performance.
Prediction: Qualifying to Andra Chansen.
2. "Du Behöver Aldrig Mer Vara Rådd" - Lasse Lindh.
A pleasant enough song, in the current musical style of the likes of Keane or Coldplay, although will probably be an also-ran tonight.
Prediction: Non-qualifier.
3. "Razborka" - The Nicole.
Fun and feisty stuff from what looks and sounds like a Britney clone. Will the voters be saying 'Gimme More'? Probably not but I could imagine this being a fan favourite.
Prediction: Non-qualifier.
4. "Den Första Svalan" - Alexander Schöld.
Uptempo and nice pop tune, again not too memorable but will probably need to see the live performance to judge it better.
Prediction: Non-qualifier.
5. "Just A Minute" - Rongedal.
I could be brown, I could be blue....oh wait, wrong song. Based on short clip it was the most instant song for me however they're not such a treat visually. I can see Mika firing off the lawsuits...
Prediction: Qualifying to Andra Chansen.
6. "Empty Room" - Sanna Nielsen.
A ballad from her for a change, I'm not really a fan of hers but would expect her to give a strong solid performance to lift this song out of the ordinary.
Prediction: Qualifying to Globen.
7. "Kebabpizza Slivovitza" - Andra Generationen.
Hey haven't we had enough joke entries this year? This week's comedy turn but all in all just a waste of time.
Prediction: Non-qualifier.
8. "One Love" - Johnson & Haggkvist.
For two acts with their pedigree in this contest I expected better. However they just need to turn up tonight and will qualify. I like him, I don't like her, and would hope that she doesn't monopolise what is after all a duet!
Prediction: Qualifying to Globen.

Will I be right or will I be wrong? All will be revealed later tonight.

No comments: