Saturday, February 23, 2008

Oh Europe, where or when did it all go wrong....?

Super Saturday.

Can't really comment as I haven't heard all tonight's winners but....

CONGRATULATIONS ICELAND!! My favourite-country-which-has-never-won ESC has chosen my favourite entry from their national final. Well done to Eurobandid, aka Fridrik Omar & Regina Osk, who will represent Iceland this year with "This Is My Life", a cracking techno-pop number which should wake up the voters!

IRELANDE DOUZE POINTE: I saw a bit of the Irish final: didn't hear much of the songs but the panel were unintentionally hilarious. This year's panel was Dana, Louis Walsh and Marija Serifovic, the latter of course won Eurovision last year and proceeded to bring her own individual brand of Serbian 'tact and diplomacy' to the proceedings. Highly entertaining.
The songs: disappointing. The winner: beyond parody. Now when you say that Ireland's sending a turkey to Eurovision, you will really mean it. Disappointed for Donal Skehan, whose "Double Cross My Heart" was more Melodifestivalen than...well, anything in Melodifestivalen I guess.

No comments: