Friday, February 29, 2008

Tomorrow's Melodifestivalen - first listen reviews and predictions

Think we may have heard the winner this week folks ...

"For Många Ord Om Karlek" - Niklas Strömstedt: This is an OK start, although is so retro that it probably belongs in the 1968 MF rather than the 2008 one.

"If I Could" - Calaisa: Corrs-type close harmony country-folk-pop which is probably only there to make up the numbers but sounded pleasant enough.

"Pame" - Daniel Mitsogiannis: This year's "Cara Mia"!! Will it have that killer key change I wonder???

"Hur Svårt Kan Det Va" - Linda Bengtzing: Now you know I've never really been a fan, but this is possibly her best ever entry at MF, and like Rongedal, it has a severe attack of the Grace Kellys! Very agreeable schlager.

"I Lågornas Sken" - Nordman: I must be in charitable mood tonight because there's usually only so much of these brooding baldies that I can take, but I even found this ok.

"That Is Where I'll Go" - Sibel: Huge power ballad which should ensure qualification for the ex-Idol contestant if she gets the vocals right tomorrow. Not really my cup of tea though.

"Ingen Mar Så Brå Som Jag" - Fronda: possibly this week's novelty song, and would sound better outside MF but I even had time for this one.

"Hero" - Charlotte Perrelli: more modern sound than I expected from her. I've never really been a fan of hers but this will probably change that. High-powered pop schlager which I'm sure she will deliver with ease. Think this has got a bit of the "Det Gor Ont" about it too.

So here are my predictions:

To Globen: Charlotte and Linda.
To Andra Chansen: Daniel and Sibel

Oh, and Charlotte's going to win Melodifestivalen this year.

1 comment:

Poster Girl said...

This is so the week I was hoping for. Like you, I even found myself tolerating or liking songs I expected to not be able to stand at all, but there are a few songs that are pushing me into total over the edge Melodifestivalen meltdown. I'm practically bouncing off the walls :D

On a side note, I LOVE your last playlist! And ahhhh at getting to go to Riga--that's so fantastic!