Saturday, May 17, 2008

Football song.

I like football, although I choose not to write much about it on here - this will probably change of course with the forthcoming Euro 2008, as I like these international tournaments much more than club football :)

Bit of a change this week though, as the worlds of football, music and Eurovision have collided, so I thought this would be worth a mention. Whilst watching the UK top 40 rundown on The Box last night, the Cardiff City FA cup song came on. Now these football songs are usually an embarrassment, but I was quite impressed by "Bluebirds Flying High", sung by ex Fame Academy and Royaume-Uni Eurovision 2004 entrant James Fox. Of course it wasn't enough to spur his team on to victory at the FA cup final today, but I still think it's rather good for a football song.

(Anyway on a slightly shallow note I used to like him when he was in Fame Academy, so it was a major shock for me was that Mr Fox is now...bald.)

No comments: