Saturday, February 28, 2009

Tonight's Melodifestivalen - uh huh, more foolish predictions

How do I even work it out this week? It's going to be very very close, and very very tough to predict but here goes:

To Globen: Sarah Dawn Finer / Malena Ernman
To Andra Chansen: Anna Sahlene & Maria Haukaas Storeng / Star Pilots

A lot has been written in various places about how good this week's semi-final is, however I'll reserve my judgement till I've actually watched it. I agree though that Sarah Dawn is in with a very very good chance - maybe it could be the year of the ballad?

Although I always enjoy MF - the show is always bigger than the sum of its parts I guess - I'm coming to terms with the idea that this year's contest hasn't been as great as it could have been. I ask myself how many of these songs will I listen to after the contest is over? Very few, I reckon.

(I'm also feeling less confident now about Måns winning the whole thing.)

Ting a ling, ting a ling.....I'll be back on here later with some thoughts on tonight's extravaganza.

No comments: