Saturday, February 14, 2009

A travel setback: slight problem, chickens not yet hatched

'Tis indeed true that you should not count your chickens till they're hatched. And you know what they say about the best laid plans etc etc.....

The final obstacle was cleared yesterday to allow me to go over to Gothenburg for a weekend in April and finally live the dream of seeing my favourite singer Salem Al Fakir in concert, 9 weeks from tonight. I didn't get off the starting blocks though, as there was a problem - well maybe not a problem, more a setback - with the ticket booking. More on my ticket-trauma over at Planet Salem, and fingers remain crossed that I can resolve that so that finally, finally I can get there.

I know I'm beginning to sound like one of those horrible reality TV contestants - y'know, "this is the only thing I've ever wanted, blah blah blah" but in this case it happens to be true.

Nevertheless, where there's a will there's a way (what's with all these cheesy proverbs???) and in my case there's oodles of will so all I need is....a way.

Apart from Salem, there are lots of good reasons for heading back over to Sweden in post-Melodifestivalen season. All those songs on the radio, all those CD releases in the shops....yesssssss :)

Right I'm off now to get ready for tonight's MF - it's Måååååååååååns mania at EuropeCrazy HQ!!!! See ya all later tonight.

No comments: