Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Hallelujah! Swedish Idol is back.

The freaks, the geeks, the deluded and the just plain daft....yes it can only mean one thing, the audition stage of Idol 2009 (TV4) kicking off its sixth season.

Yes of course there may be some genuine talent but let's forget about that and focus on the undisputed greatness of Philip Damberg, whose version of "Ring of Fire" had me almost collapsing with a fit of the giggles for about half an hour...and will probably have Johnny Cash spinning in his grave.



Also worth a mention: Sami Piipanen's, um, enthusiastic "Boten Anna", and Sebastian Rönnberg's, um, less than enthusiastic "To Be With You".

You know how certain songs should be banned from Idol auditions? Well can we ban "Hallelujah" now? (Having said that, I thought Joseph Assaly's version was rather nice).

Jon (who sang his own composition) seemed to be a big hit with the jury. I was trying to think who he visually reminded me of....and then it just came to me - Stefan Raab on ESC singing "Wadde Hadde Dudde Da"!!!

I guess this will be my new Tuesday night obsession now that my summer singalong-shows have ended :)

No comments: