Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The 2009-50: No.37 - Can't read my, can't read my, no you can't read my....


"Poker Face" - Lady GaGa.

One of the most overexposed (in every way!) music artists of 2009! No matter where in the world you were, you would always hear Lady GaGa. Everywhere you went, there was no escape.

I initially didn't like this song, but my resistance wore down very quickly and it remains for me one of the most enduring and refreshing pop songs of the year. And it's completely daft, in a good way. (Am not keen on her new stuff though - that "Video Phone" song with Beyonce is completely awful, and "Bad Romance" is still annoying me). Unfortunately we can expect to see a long line of inferior GaGa wannabes in the chart next year, which I'm not too excited about.

The 2009-50 is back on Thursday.

No comments: