Monday, March 08, 2010

A gratuitous post about Daniel Diges / David Bisbal waves the flag

Say what you like about this year's Eurovision songs chosen so far (and I haven't heard all of them so I'll reserve my judgement till I do) but at least we're guaranteed some eye candy with all those male singers on show :)

Anyway the other week, Spain chose its entry "Algo Pequenito" which is very different for them - it sounds more like a very old-fashioned French-style carousel soundtrack than the usual Latin-flavoured Spanish entries. Regular readers will know about my particular weakness for curly-haired men so Mr Diges definitely ticks the boxes, in a David Bisbal-meets-Salem Al Fakir kind of way :))



Here is a clip from Spanish TV of Daniel recording his ESC entry...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zZPgUfneDI

Talking of Mr Bisbal, he's got together with K'Naan to record a Spanish version of this year's World
Cup anthem "Waving Flag" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP0KHTfd2BY

3 comments:

Raquelita said...

What do you think of Algo Pequenito? I'm still not sure.It certainly appeals to my love of drama and Mediterranean kitsch,but I can't quite tell whether it's good or not yet.

As for eye candy,Harel's still the one for me :) Think he just about has the edge over Didrik.

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

I'm not too thrilled about the song at the moment but I haven't really heard it that much so it may yet grow on me.

Oh yes Harel! How could I forget about him???

By the way have you had a listen to MZW's "View To A Kill" yet? It's been my main (non-Salem-related) obsession this week!

Raquelita said...

I've just had a look,I love the Hope and Glory style camera push :) And yes I think he should release it as a single,it would make a great edition of our Covers feature on Sounds of Europe.