Sunday, March 14, 2010

Melodifestivalen: good show, wrong result

So much for the live-blogging although I was a bit manic on Twitter, so there you go:)

Anyway I'm not happy. 3 and a bit hours have passed and I'm still not happy. Salem Al Fakir, with his self-composed song, the wonderful "Keep On Walking", came so close to winning Melodifestivalen, then defeat was snatched from the jaws of victory, in the same way that "Hope and Glory" was denied by "La Voix" in 2009 :(

Anna Bergendahl and her (IMHO) tedious "This Is My Life" (Euroband it ain't!) won in the final televoting round, thus denying Salem the opportunity of charming the whole of Europe at the end of May 2010.

As you know, I wasn't too keen on the idea of the international juries influencing the Swedish vote. Until tonight, when it went my way, and France and Norway awarded maximum points to "Keep On Walking", with 10 points from Serbia and Russia, who have won a completely new respect from me :))))) whilst nothing at all from Greece and only 1 point from Ireland completely disappointed me :(

At the end of the day though, it's only a song contest. Salem Al Fakir may not have got the chance to represent his home country, but he will always be a musical genius :))))))

No comments: