Sunday, July 18, 2010

Summer Rewind: The Playlist

All Day Love - Salem Al Fakir: do I really have to say how brilliant this is??
4 O’Clock (Adrian Lux Remix) - Salem Al Fakir: pop perfection reinvented as killer dancefloor anthem.
Skisser för Sommaren - Kent: catchy standout track from a smashing new album.
Love Will Always Find A Way (Damien Adore Remake) - Fibes, Oh Fibes!: great band, great song, and of course great remixer!
Wavin’ Flag - K’naan: A song which goes all the way back to our Bratislava holiday and which I’ll always associate with this year’s World Cup, even if the tournament was dull.
Doot Doot - Freur: a song which was ahead of its time and which I’ve recently rediscovered - it sounds better than ever. And I didn't realise until recently that the people behind this band went on to form Underworld!
Dirty Picture - Taio Cruz featuring Ke$ha: This shouldn't be in my favourites list but it's one of those so-bad-it’s-good songs which somehow managed to become a Friday night EuropeCrazy HQ favourite after a few glasses of wine :)
All Time Low - The Wanted: one of the best pop songs of the year, by a new boyband to get really excited about. Can’t wait to hear their album.
Misery - Maroon 5: trying to capture the glory days of "This Love" and reasonably succeeding. I still like them, even if they are no longer "in vogue" in this country anymore.
Hygiene Squad - The Ark: completely bonkers track from their latest album "In Full Regalia" which still hasn’t grown on me in the way I thought it would. It’s taking its time...

No comments: