Saturday, August 21, 2010

Guess who's the new lead singer in H.E.A.T.???

Expressen reports today http://www.expressen.se/noje/musik/1.2105538/erik-gronwall-nya-sangare-i-h.e.a.t that the winner of Swedish Idol 2009, Erik Grönwall, has joined the popular Swedish rock band H.E.A.T. as their new lead singer, following the departure of previous lead singer Kenny Leckremo back in June this year. (Picture above courtesy of
Fredrik Etoall, www.expressen.se)

I'm very happy about this. As you know I was a big fan of Erik last year in Idol and was delighted when he won. However it would be fair to say that his solo career hasn't really gone according to plan (like some other previous Idol winners), so I'm glad that he will finally get the chance to showcase his undoubted vocal talent in his natural environment - rock music.

Looking forward to some new music from them. I still love their Melodifestivalen entry "1000 Miles" - and I wonder if they'll ever compete in MF again?

2 comments:

Damian said...

Seems like we are really rare people who like 1000 Miles. When we watched MF-2009 final in Stockholm there were only me and one girl who really liked them. I guess it's a love or hate but when I was on their signing session and 1000 Miles was playing at T-Centralen again and again people around looked quite happy with this song. Funniest thing was that we we came to queue to take our signatures there were mostly 11-13 kids so I was ready to say "This is for my little brother. He adores you!".
Regarding this situation - it's good for Erik, though his second album reached #2 his next step felt like coming flop so he really needed band to join.

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

Hi Damian,

I don't know why more people don't love this song as I think it's great - it's one of those songs which lived on for me long after MF and I still love it today.

I've got my own little memory of "1000 Miles". In April 2009 when I went over to Gothenburg with my boyfriend to see Salem Al Fakir live for the first time, the night before the concert we were walking down Avenyn (the main street with all the bars, restaurants etc) and what do you think was blasting out of the Hard Rock Cafe? "1000 Miles" of course, which will always remind me of that April evening. Great song. I'm really happy for Erik, he's a great singer and I think this is the right thing for him to do.