Monday, August 16, 2010

Rockbjörnen Live: and the nominees are....

Nominations closed yesterday for all the categories in Aftonbladet's annual 'people's music prize' which this year has been given a "live" twist.

The final nominees were revealed today....of course I'm very very happy about some of them ;)

Of course with any poll which involves public voting, you don't always get a deserved winner, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Swedish public gets it right this time!

BEST SWEDISH MALE LIVE ARTIST:
Salem Al Fakir
Oskar Linnros
Lars Winnerbäck
Eric Saade
Ola Svensson

My choice: An entertainer, a showman, and an outstanding live artist with the potential to be a worldwide superstar. In other words...Salem Al Fakir!

BEST SWEDISH FEMALE LIVE ARTIST:
Robyn
Melissa Horn
Amanda Jenssen
Anna Bergendahl
Agnes

My choice: I can't really see past Robyn for this one, although Amanda is a strong challenger.

BEST SWEDISH LIVE GROUP:
Kent
Mando Diao
Hoffmaestro & Chraa
The Ark
In Flames

My choice: Again, good category - I'd be happy with The Ark, Kent or Mando Diao.

BEST SWEDISH SONG OF THE YEAR:
Från Och Med Du – Oskar Linnros
Keep On Walking – Salem Al Fakir
Unstoppable – Ola
Nothing Without You – Mando Diao
Manboy – Eric Saade

My choice: No contest - "Keep On Walking", which actually is the best Swedish song of this year. However, as with the Swedish Grammys, this can be one of those categories where you should never underestimate an artist's fanbase, which can often result in an inferior winner.

BEST INTERNATIONAL SONG OF THE YEAR:
Tokio Hotel - World Behind My Wall
Lady Gaga - Bad Romance
Justin Bieber - Baby
Lady Gaga - Telephone
Lady Gaga - Alejandro

My choice..."ra-ra-roma-ma.." however I fear the worst, thanks to the incomprehensible popularity of J***** B*****. But then I'm not a 10 year old. Even if I was a 10 year old, I'd still find his popularity incomprehensible...!

BEST BREAKTHROUGH ACT:
Oskar Linnros
Eric Saade
Anna Bergendahl
Justin Bieber
Andreas Grega

My choice: Oskar Linnros - he is totally deserving of this award. But once again, unfortunately I fear the worst, 'baby, baby, baby, oohhhh..' :(

BEST CONCERT
Tokio Hotel
Mando Diao
Lady Gaga
Kent
Lars Winnerbäck

My choice: He's not in this category :( so in his absence I'd be happy with either Kent, Mando Diao, or Gaga.

BEST FESTIVAL
Peace & Love
Getaway
Sweden rock
Metaltown
Arvika

My choice: Peace & Love. I seem to remember it had a pretty good line-up.

OK so those are my choices, I'll probably be wrong as usual with most (or all) of them! Good to see Oskar Linnros getting three nominations - that's a nice birthday present for him as he is 27 today (happy birthday Oskar!!) There's an interview with him in today's Aftonbladet: http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/musik/rockbjornen2010/article7622790.ab

Needless to say, Aftonbladet's Markus Larsson has his own views on the nominations: http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/musik/rockbjornen2010/article7623770.ab

1 comment:

Rockbjörnen Crew said...

Hi

Nice post. A lot of great music for sure. Did you know that before the Rockbjörnen winners are awarded we run something called Live-Löpet. It's sort of a digital festival with 7 online concerts starting today. The concerts can be visited from all over the world and are streamed live thru an virtual stage where the audience can chat using Facebook connect, request a song, clap their hand etc. The best part is that the artists can follow the interaction live from the stage and make comments regarding this. This is a great way to see Swedish stars live without making the long way over here.

Mando Diao is first up and the concert starts today, the 17th of August, at 8:55 PM CET (20:55 Swedish time). Tickets are free of coast and can be booked here http://livelopet.aftonbladet.se

Other artists are Salem Al Fakir, Robyn, The Ark, Eric Saade, Ola and Anna Bergendahl.

Visit http://www.rockbjornen.se for more info