Saturday, September 04, 2010

Swedish "Idol" is back on 7th September!


That's the last 4 months of the year sorted then :) The new season of "Idol" starts this coming Tuesday at 20:00 Swedish time on TV4, with the traditional audition-phase to begin with.

TV4's website has some old audition clips to get us in the mood... how about a fresh-faced Mr Zelmerlöw for starters: he can be your hero, baby :)http://www.tv4play.se/noje_och_humor/idol?videoId=1.924105

And here's young Darin's first audition, with his rendition of *NSYNC's "God Must Have Spent A Little More Time On You": http://www.tv4play.se/noje_och_humor/idol?videoId=1.945190

I always enjoy Swedish Idol and there is still no sign of the novelty wearing off: the same cannot be said for the annual August-December hell that is "X Factor". Don't get me wrong, I used to watch it once upon a time, but now I'd rather lie on a bed of nails than force myself to watch the cynical, Cowell-orchestrated operation, and the whole Cheryl Cole circus. I guess I'd better avoid the tabloids and the celebrity magazines for the next 4 months too, then.....

1 comment:

Damian said...

Oh, I can't wait!!!
Few weaks ago I decided to find audition videos of the most famous Idols and my Top-3 is Darin, Sibel and Anna Bergendahl. Sibel was completely incredible with "My All", so touching and beautiful. Danny, Ola and Måns haven't changed too much, Erik Segerstedt had such interesting hairdo :)