Monday, December 09, 2013

EuropeCrazy presents...The 2013-50

Yes it's time once again for my annual countdown of my top 50 songs of the year.  It's not a comprehensive rundown as I've missed out on hearing a lot of new music this year for one reason or another, so it's only based on what I've heard and liked. 

For me, 2013 was a year of good singles but disappointing albums.  Almost all my favourite artists of recent years had new material out this year, and Eurovision/national finals season brought its usual crop of songs which I listened to long after contest season was over. 

This year I'm trying yet another variation on the format: five songs at a time, and the chart should be finished in time for Christmas. 

As usual: expect the odd surprise, the odd 'released last year' discrepancy and the usual rampant favouritism along the way.  So let's get it started...

No comments: